Hiring a personal driver or private chauffeur in Los Angeles is one of best the ways to avoid DUI. No one gets a “free ride” on a DUI, not even celebrities. Recently, 28-year old Amanda Bynes was arrested for a DUI, at the time; it was a drug of an unknown origin. You would probably be shocked if we listed every A-List actor/actress that has been arrested for DUI so instead here is a few of the most shocking ones:
• Heather Locklear
• Billy Joel
• Keifer Sutherland
• Mel Gibson
• Tim Allen
• John Goodman
I skipped the most obvious ones, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Charlie Sheen and the list goes on and on.
What is a DUI?
A DUI (Driving While under the Influence) generally, most people think of alcohol, when they think about a DUI. However, drugs both illegal and prescribed are considered to be mind-altering and also fall under the category for a DUI.
Los Angeles DUI Laws
• It is classified as a misdemeanor to operate a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs, alcohol and/or both.
• It is a misdemeanor to drive a vehicle with any type of motor with a .08% or higher blood alcohol level.
Consequences of a DUI in Los Angeles
• If you are found to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both, while operating a motor vehicle you will be arrested.
• Your driver’s license will be immediately seized by the arresting police officer. You will also be served a “Notice of Suspension”, which means you cannot drive until you appear in court.
Penalties for a DUI in Los Angeles
• First Offense – 4 days to 6 months in jail, up to a $1,000 fine, license suspension – minimum 30 days to 10 months.
• Second Offense – 10 days to one year in jail, up to a $1,800 fine, license suspension up to two years.
• Third Offense – 120 days to one year in jail, up to a $1,800 fine, license suspension three years.
• Fourth Offense – (Within a 10 month period of your third DUI) 16 months in jail, up to a $1,800 fine, license suspension four years.
You can hire a Private Chauffeur in Los Angeles, starting at as little as $32 for an hour that will drive you wherever you want to go in your personal car! So Amanda Bynes could have easily avoided a DUI and paid as little of about $30-$40 and hired a personal driver.
Before you head out for a night on the town, plan ahead and call The Private Chauffeur for more information.